- Building type: Learning Centre and Retreat
- Product supplied: Distech
ControlWorks recently partnered with Vent Mechanical to design and install two Building Management Systems for Taronga Institute of Science & Learning Building and Targona Zoo Wildlife Retreat.
Taronga Zoo Company Overview
Taronga Zoo is located on Sydney Harbour, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The Taronga Institute of Science and Learning is a world-class facility where their teams can advance scientific investigation and deliver proven outcomes to enhance wildlife knowledge.
The Wildlife Retreat at Taronga is a 5 star resort that has been designed with environmental sustainability at the forefront, offering an eco-friendly, rewarding guest experience. The Wildlife Retreat has been designed to significantly reduce the building’s carbon footprint on the environment.
Controlworks Solution – Building Automation System
The Wildlife Retreat and Science & Learning Centre were newly constructed buildings completed in 2019.
Taronga Zoo appointed Taylor Constructions to construct the buildings and Vent Mechanical to manage and install the HVAC systems.
ControlWorks worked with Vent Mechanical to engineer and install a building automation system using Distech Controls EC-Net4. The Building Automation System can report in real time the temperature conditions in each of the retreats luxury accommodation suites, conference centre and office spaces in the Learning area. Taronga Zoo staff can then access the system through connected systems to monitor and change as desired.
The benefits of the Distech Building Automation System:
• The ease of use of being able to program, manage, and monitor your building automation system using a Web browser
• Monitor, acknowledge, and review alarms with sophisticated alarm processing and routing, including e-mail and paging
• Provides global functions such as network control, monitoring, alarming, database and log management, and audit trails for all building functions
• Manage multi-site or campuses with one system
• Leverage real-time business intelligence through connectivity with enterprise applications such as accounting, tenant billing, and energy management and utility monitoring interfaces
Taronga Zoo staff have been trained by ControlWorks to manage and use the Building Automation System. Taronga Zoo staff can logon from any connected computer throughout the zoo to view/alter any system parameters. Critical monitoring of alarms within the Taronga Institute of Science and Learning building Are also e-mailed and SMS's to key Zoo staff for immediate follow up.
In addition to the accommodation suites full conference facilities are also available. Our building management control system also monitors and controls all aspects of the HVAC systems within this facility.
This project follows on from the previously completed Taronga Institute of Science and Learning building in partnership with Vent Mechanical and Taylor Constructions.
Both Buildings are managed by the Distech Controls EC-Net4 web based user interface that allows Zoo staff to logon from any connected computer throughout the zoo to view/alter any system parameters. Critical monitoring of alarms within the Taronga Institute of Science and Learning building Are also e-mailed and SMS's to key Zoo staff for immediate follow up.